Welcome to RK's Class Page!
Hello and welcome to RK's class page! Here you will find important information for you and your child during their time in Reception. You will also find pictures and further information regarding all the wonderful learning we have been experiencing!
Miss King and Mrs Hurst are primarily based in RK however we share ALL of our space with Miss May and Mrs Ahmed as a collective unit! If ever you have any questions a member of the EYFS team are always happy to help, please come and ask us!
The EYFS CURRICULUM;
Our curriculum is divided into 7 Key Areas for Learning:
- Communication and Language (Speaking, Understanding and Listening & Attention)
- PSHE (Managing Feelings and Behaviour, Making Relationships, Self confidence & awareness)
- Physical Development (Moving & Handling, Health & Self Care)
- Literacy (Reading & Writing)
- Mathematics (Number, Shape, Space & Measure)
- Understanding the World (People & Communities, The World, Technology)
- Expressive Arts and Design (Exploring Media & Materials, Being Imaginative)
If you would like further information regarding learning in the Early Years, please refer to the useful documentation below.
News Bulletin/Parent Information
- Date for your diary; Week Beginning 13th Nov-17th Nov; World Nursery Rhyme Week
- Swimming for RK is every Tuesday morning. Your child will need; a swimming costume (no bikinis please), a towel, a bag and a swimming cap.
- PE is every Monday morning. Your child will need; shorts, a white t-shirt and black pumps.
In line with school policy the children may come into school wearing their PE kits.
Please remember to follow us on twitter using @EYFS2stannes
The Early Years enjoyed an afternoon of fun activities that helped to raise awareness of Fire Safety. We enjoyed watching video clips of Fireman Sam's safety tips on Bonfire Night and how to stay safe around fire and fireworks. We discussed this in depth and shared what safety tips we learned. Then, some of our peers who are 5 years old used sparklers to learn how to hold them safely- wow, what risk takers! We all enjoyed gathering around a bonfire and staying safe around an open flame plus making s'mores with marshmallows and biscuits. We also created our own firework pictures and edible sparklers! We were very lucky to have the help from our Yr5 buddies!