As part of our research topic, Keeping Healthy, we investigated how exercise affected our pulse rate. We planned a fair test.
1. Measured our pulse rate at rest (how many beats per minute).
2. Ran on the spot for 1 minutes.
3. Measured our pulse rate again and record the result.
4. Ran on the spot for 2 minutes.
5. Measured our pulse rate again.
We found that after exercise our pulse rate was a lot faster! This is because our bodies needed the oxygen and nutrients in our blood more quickly, causing our hearts to beat faster.
Ask one of the year 5 children to explain to you how we made it a fair test.