Measuring our pulse rate
This is another of our creative maths days which also links to our research topic; Keeping Healthy. We did an investigation to find out what happens to our pulse rates when we exercise.
We made sure it was a fair test.
1. Measured our pulse rates when we were resting and recorded the results.
2. Ran on the spot for 1 minute.
3. Measured our pulse rate again and recorded the results.
4. Ran on the spot for 2 minutes.
5. Measured our pulse rates again and recorded the result.
Our investigation showed that the our pulse rate was faster when we were exercising.
This is because our bodies need the oxygen and nutrients in our blood more quickly, so our hearts have to beat faster.
Ask someone in year 5 to explain how we made it a fair test.