Welcome to the Reception Class Page!
Our Teachers Miss Clegg & Mrs Downes will post information which will help you keep up to date with our news and learning.
We regularly tweet learning as it happens so don't forget to follow us @MissCleggEYFS, @MrsDownesEYFS, @StAnnesLiv.
Happy New Year to all of our children and families! We are excited and looking forward to our Spring Term's learning with you. For information on our learning, please see our Spring Learning Journey below.
Each day is very busy in Reception and we love to learn through play.
Here are some things you need to remember:
- Read your class reading book every day at home and ask a grown up to sign and date each time you do.
- Bring your book bag into school every day and place it in the special basket in our classroom.
- We enjoy healthy snacks every day and so you don't need to remember to bring drinks or snacks as they are always available. However, we would be most grateful for a small donation towards the cost of this.
- Our PE day is Thursday so don't forget to wear your PE kit to school.
- Our swimming sessions will continue after February half-term on Tuesdays so don't forget to bring your swimming kit. You just need a costume (no bikinis), a towel and a bathing cap which you can buy from our school office. All floats and swimming aids are provided by the school.
- Parents/carers, please share your home learning experiences with us and let us know what you have been doing at home. This helps us build a better picture of your child's learning and achievements.
- Make sure we have your up to date contact details should we need to contact you in an emergency.
- You can also sign up to our 'Easy Peasy' homework learning games and activities which are sent to you each week via your mobile telephone.
We have all been getting used to our new classrooms and the rules and routines which help to organise our space and keep everyone safe and happy. Well done to our new Reception children who have settled very well and who have been welcoming and kind to their new friends. You will see from our photographs how wonderful it is that we are learning how to sit and focus on the carpet, tidy up, line up, sit and chat whilst sharing food, choose which activities and materials we want, share and take turns with equipment and toys. These early skills are very important for all children to master so they become confident and independent learners.
Many thanks to those parents and carers who have attended workshops and courses to support your child's learning. We realise that not all parents/carers can attend every session. For information and resources from Parent and Carer Workshops which we have held, please click the links below.